Skilled nursing and rehabilitation play a critical role in Covid recovery following a hospital stay. Hospitalized Covid-19 patients often experience pulmonary complications, including severe pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Additionally, individuals who have had Covid-19 may also experience new onset chronic clinical conditions including neurologic weakness, orthostatic intolerance and chronic cardiac changes to heart rate and blood pressure.
The Covid Recovery Program at West Gables Health Care Center supports stabilization & recovery.
Recovering patients can benefit from:
- Onsite Consultative Specialists: Cardiology, Neurology, Pulmonology
- Respiratory Therapy
- IV Pain Management
- Interdisciplinary Team Guided Recovery Plan
- Physiatry Driven Rehabilitation
- Psychology and Psychiatry Services
- Discharge Planning and Support for Transitions to Lower Levels of Care
For more info about our Covid Recovery Program, call (305) 265-9391.